A brief history of Abetica™ Studios
Abetica Studios was founded in 2006 by Dan Stiel as a personal passion project, beginning as a design studio and fine art gallery serving architects, designers, and collectors.
Over time, Abetica Studios evolved into a marketing-centric freelance photography and creative resource providing commercial, brand lifestyle, car culture, and aerial photography, fine art and editorial photography, licensing, and workshops.
Need help with a project? Do you have questions, comments or suggestions? We’d love to hear from you. Call Dan at (512) 887-8435.
- Photography – with special interests, experience and skills in architecture, automotive, lifestyle, motorsports and live performance.
- Marketing – development and planning, execution, brand/market-oriented design and strategy
- Project management – agile practitioner, resource/budget management, development, goal achievement
- Editing – Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Lightroom Classic, etc.
- Storytelling – photography design and editing, brand development, ideation, directing, copywriting
About Dan Stiel
A graduate of the University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business, Dan was born in New York City and raised along the beaches and hills of Southern California passionate about sports, surfing, photographing and riding dirt bikes. He holds over thirty years of marketing, product development, creative services leadership and innovation successes with some of America’s most successful companies and brands.
Dan is also an accomplished FAA 107-certified commercial drone pilot and aerial photographer with advanced training and experience piloting a range of mid- to high-end cinema drones.
A lifelong learner, Dan earned a California Real Estate Broker license (DRE #01886935) in 2010, and was certified in 2014 by the prestigious Project Management Institute as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
His passion and pursuit of storytelling though writing, multimedia, design and photography has led to success with a wide range of projects and clients including automotive, consumer products and services, financial services, architectural, action sports, lifestyle, and travel.
In addition to commercial accomplishments, Abetica Studios continues it’s founding principles and commitments to support the arts, education and environmental stewardship through a variety of on-going efforts and scholarships.